Hospitality & Tourism Management
This is a world-class hospitality and tourism management program for an amazingly diverse student body. More than 300 HTM majors and minors come from nearly 30 countries and are focused on an exciting career in a dynamic global industry. BYU–Hawaii offers the only HTM degree in the Church Educational System, and our program seamlessly integrates secular learning with spiritual development.
The Center for Hospitality & Tourism is a unique academic support entity that has a singular focus on providing extracurricular enhancements like scholarships, academic recognitions, local field trips, a student organization, career exploration travel, an executive lecture series, and mentoring for internship and career placement. We take full advantage of being located in Hawaii, the world’s greatest destination, and of being situated in the heart of the dynamic Asia-Pacific region. Here are some program highlights and links for further information:
- An experienced facultywho infuse engaging classroom instruction with real-world perspectives.
- An innovative and flexible HTM curriculum with a solid business foundation and career-focused electives.
- A practicum course with rotational experiences at local partners like the Marriott Courtyard Hotel, Turtle Bay Resort, and Polynesian Cultural Center.
- A range of great internships—the best pathway to entry-level management jobs—across Asia, the Pacific, Hawaii, and the Mainland U.S.
- A lecture series with industry leaders, and regular field trips to Waikiki hotels, attractions, and restaurants.
- Several faculty-hosted career exploration trips to well-known global destinations for students to gain first-hand travel experience.
- The student-led Ho'okipa Society which sponsors local field trips, networking experiences, and social activities.